Tuesday, October 8, 2013

My Journey


This a fitness journey. An overdue goal and a life changing opportunity. 



I've always wanted to do something like this - do something so life changing with fitness... and well, I got close a couple times, but I never made that final step... that huge decision to take back my life and control it... and stop letting it control me.

As a kid I was never obese or over weight, in fact I was always right where I was supposed to be for my age group... but there was something missing...
My friends in school knew me as being somewhat self conscious... even though I wasn't fat, I definitely had self-image issues and low self esteem. I would never be caught dead in a swimsuit in front of ANYONE... or even short shorts and a tank top for that matter... I wanted to be fit and in shape, but didn't know how to get there.
I wanted to be proud of my body and have confidence in how I looked... but for some reason I didn't want it ENOUGH to go out and chase it... I thought I did, but when it came to hitting the gym or actually making time and pushing myself, I found "better" things to do. I never made my body a priority. I wanted results without putting in any work. And I quickly found out that nothing happens when you're sitting back and simply wishing for it. You have to go out and make things happen.

So here's to all of you who want to change your lives but don't know how.
Here's to all of you who want to make a positive difference in someone else's life.  
Here's to all of you who want something but don't think you can get there.

I'm going to get there just to show you that you can too.

It may have taken me 5+ years to finally get my ass in gear, but there's no better time than the present to start. 

Let's make it happen.


 I'm going to share fitness tips, challenges, photos, recipes, nutrition and overall wellness information with you. 

This is going to be a process, but in the end, it'll all be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!